Add Ingredients to Cart
- 1 tbsp plus ½ c. Hy-Vee vegetable oil, divided
- 1 lb pork belly , or thick-cut bacon, cut into ½-in. pieces
- 8 Hy-Vee street tacos flour tortillas
- 3 green, yellow and/or red bell peppers, seeded and sliced
- ½ small white onion, chopped
- 6 Hy-Vee large eggs
- 1 tsp Hy-Vee salt
- 1 tsp Hy-Vee black pepper, plus additional for garnish
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- Cotija cheese, crumbled, for garnish
- Fresh cilantro, chopped, for garnish
- Lime wedges, for serving
- Hy-Vee homestyle guacamole, for serving
- Mango-habanero salsa, for serving
Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a heavy 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add pork belly. Cook 6 to 7 minutes or until very crisp, stirring occasionally. Remove with slotted spoon and transfer to paper towels to drain.
Add remaining ½ cup oil to skillet; heat over medium-high heat. Fry tortillas, in batches, for 1 to 2 minutes or until lightly browned, turning halfway through. Drain on paper towels. Reserve 1 tablespoon oil in skillet; discard remaining oil.
Add bell peppers and onion to skillet. Cook 4 to 5 minutes or until crisp-tender, stirring often. Transfer to a bowl; cover to keep warm.
Whisk together eggs, salt, 1 teaspoon black pepper, and smoked paprika in medium bowl until well combined. Add egg mixture to skillet. Cook over medium heat until set, stirring occasionally to form soft curds.
Push eggs to one side of skillet; place pork belly in center and bell pepper mixture on other side of skillet. Drizzle with lime juice. Garnish with additional black pepper, Cotija cheese, and chopped cilantro, if desired. Serve on tortillas with lime wedges and guacamole and salsa, if desired.
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat: 46g||59%|
|Saturated Fat: 15g|
|Trans Fat: 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate: 17g||6%|
|Dietary Fiber: 1g||4%|