Add Ingredients to Cart
- ½ loaves (24-oz.) Hy-Vee Bakery unsliced sourdough bread
- 6 Hy-Vee large eggs
- 1 can(s) (14-oz.) Hy-Vee sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup canned Hy-Vee pumpkin
- 1 cup packed Hy-Vee brown sugar, divided
- 1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp Hy-Vee salt
- 2 tsp Hy-Vee pure vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup Hy-Vee all-purpose flour
- 6 tbsp cold Hy-Vee unsalted sweet cream butter, chopped
- 1 cup Hy-Vee pecan halves, toasted
- Hy-Vee frozen original whipped topping, thawed, (optional)
- Culinary Tours bourbon barrel aged Vermont maple syrup
Preheat oven to 350°. Cut bread into 1-inch pieces. Spread pieces in a large, rimmed baking pan. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until slightly dry.
Lightly spray a 13x9-inch baking dish with nonstick spray. Spread dried bread cubes in prepared baking dish.
Whisk together eggs, sweetened condensed milk, pumpkin, ¾-cup brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice, salt, and vanilla extract in a medium bowl. Pour egg mixture evenly over bread pieces. Cover tightly with plastic wrap; refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight, or until egg mixture is absorbed.
Combine flour and remaining ¼-cup brown sugar. Cut in cold butter using a pastry blender or fork until pieces are pea-size. Cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes or overnight.
Preheat oven to 350°. Remove plastic wrap and cover baking dish with foil. Bake for 20 minutes. Remove foil and sprinkle with chilled brown sugar mixture. Bake, uncovered, for 30 to 35 minutes more or until a wooden toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes. To serve, sprinkle with pecan halves. Top with whipped topping, if desired, and drizzle with maple syrup.
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat: 21g||27%|
|Saturated Fat: 8g|
|Trans Fat: 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate: 77g||28%|
|Dietary Fiber: 2g||7%|