Add Ingredients to Cart
- 4 ½ cups original sweetened corn and oat cereal, such as Cap'n Crunch
- 1 cup Hy-Vee creamy white vanilla baking chips
- gel food coloring, optional
- 1 ½ cups Hy-Vee powdered sugar
- ½ (3-oz.) pkg. Hy-Vee desired flavor gelatin dessert, powder only
- Sour Belts candy, if desired
Place cereal in a large bowl. Place vanilla baking chips in a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH at 30-second intervals until melted, stirring each time. Tint with gel food coloring, if desired.
Pour melted mixture over cereal; stir until coated. Combine powdered sugar and gelatin dessert powder in a large resealable plastic bag. Close bag; shake well until coated with powdered sugar mixture.
If desired, for a rainbow of cereals, repeat making additional batches using a different color gelatin for each batch; combine the different colored cereals. Stir in sour belts candy, if desired. Store in an airtight container.
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat: 8g||10%|
|Saturated Fat: 7g|
|Trans Fat: 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate: 57g||21%|
|Dietary Fiber: 0g||0%|