Add Ingredients to Cart
- 1 ⅓ cups Hy-Vee granulated sugar
- ½ cup Hy-Vee light corn syrup, plus additional for garnish
- ⅓ cup Hy-Vee distilled water
- 4 drop(s) Over the Top flashy pink food coloring gel, optional
- 2 tbsp organic dried mulberries
- 2 tbsp Hy-Vee dried blueberries
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon zest, plus additional for garnish
- Fresh orange zest, plus additional for garnish
- 6 packet(s) Full Circle Market organic pomegranate white tea bags
- 12 oz boiling water, for serving
Cook granulated sugar, corn syrup, and distilled water together in a medium saucepan over high heat until a candy thermometer reaches 295°. Remove from heat.
Add food coloring, if desired. Cool to 265°. Place a dome silicone mold upside down on a rimmed baking pan lined with wax paper and spray mold with nonstick spray; wipe off excess. Prop the long side of the prepared baking pan up 2-inches with a measuring cup.
Pour sugar over each mold in a circular motion, covering each mold. Let set for 30 seconds; remove prop from under pan. use an oiled 2¼-inch round cookie cutter to push down around the base of each mold. Repeat cutting around each mold 3 or 4 times to release shell. Let sugar shells stand on molds for at least 20 minutes while preparing tea blend.
Stir together dried mulberries, dried blueberries, fresh lemon zest, and fresh orange zest in a small bowl; set aside. Gently remove extra sugar shell around each half-sphere mold, then remove each half-sphere shell from its mold. Turn silicone mold over; set half of the sugar shells into a half-sphere-shaped compartment. Fill each shell with 1 tablespoon berry mixture, and 1 pomegranate-flavored tea bag.
If desired, brush a small amount of corn syrup on cooled shells to attach additional lemon and/or orange zests.
Heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Melt edges of one unfilled half-sphere on skillet. Quickly place on top of a tea-filled half-sphere and gently press 20 seconds to seal. Store at room temperature, covered, for 1 week.
To serve, place 1 tea bomb in a 16-oz. mug. Slowly pour 12-oz. boiling water over the tea bomb. Steep 3 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally until tea bomb melts. Strain through a fine-mesh sieve, if desired.