Add Ingredients to Cart
- 1 tbsp Gustare Vita olive oil
- ½ red onion, sliced
- 2 clove(s) garlic, minced
- 1 (4-oz.) can Hy-Vee mild diced green chiles
- 1 tbsp salt-free Mexican spice blend
- 1 (15-oz.) can Hy-Vee no-salt-added black beans
- 1 cup Hy-Vee no-salt-added beef broth
- 1 tbsp refrigerated cilantro paste
- Hy-Vee salt
- Hy-Vee ground black pepper
- 2 (8-oz.) Hy-Vee Choice Reserve boneless beef ribeye steaks, about 1-in. thick
- 6 Hy-Vee Bakery hoagie buns, split and toasted
- Desired toppers, such as: sliced red bell pepper, sliced orange bell pepper, sliced red onion, thinly sliced radishes, sliced avocados, cilantro, crumbled queso fresco cheese, sliced tomato, Mexican crema, salsa verde, and/or tortilla chips.
Heat olive oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add red onion, garlic, and undrained green chiles; cook until softened. Add Mexican spice blend; cook for 1 minute. Add undrained black beans, beef broth, and cilantro paste. Simmer, uncovered, over low heat for 30 minutes. Mash mixture using potato masher or fork; season to taste with salt and black pepper. Set bean mixture aside.
Heat a large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Pat steaks dry with paper towels; season with salt and black pepper. Cook for 6 to 8 minutes or until 130° for medium-rare doneness, turning halfway through. Transfer to cutting board; let rest for 5 to 10 minutes. Thinly slice across the grain.
To assemble, spread bean mixture onto bun bottoms; top with steak, desired toppers, and bun tops.
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat: 24g||31%|
|Saturated Fat: 9g|
|Total Carbohydrate: 64g||23%|
|Dietary Fiber: 5g||18%|