Add Ingredients to Cart
- 1 (16-oz.) pkg. Hy-Vee Bakery corn bread, cut into 1-inch cubes (6 c.)
- ½ (24-oz.) Hy-Vee Bakery unsliced sourdough loaf, cut into 1-inch cubes (6 c.)
- 1 lb Hy-Vee fresh mild ground Italian pork sausage
- ¼ cup Hy-Vee unsalted butter
- 2 Honeycrisp apples, cored and sliced
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 fennel bulb, trimmed, cored and sliced
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 2 tsp ground poultry seasoning
- 1 tsp cracked black pepper
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 3 cups Hy-Vee 33% less-sodium chicken broth
- ½ cup Italian parsley, finely chopped
- fennel fronds, chopped; for garnish
Preheat oven to 325°. Spray a 3-quart baking dish with nonstick spray; set aside.
Spread corn bread and sourdough bread cubes in 2 large rimmed baking pans. Bake for 30 minutes or until toasted and crisp. Cool; transfer bread cubes to a large bowl.
Brown sausage in a large skillet, stirring to break into crumbles. Drain; discard drippings and set aside.
Melt butter in same skillet. Add apples, celery, fennel, onion, poultry seasoning, black pepper, and salt. Cook over medium heat for 8 to 12 minutes or until apples are tender, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. Stir in broth, cooked sausage, and parsley. Add to bread cubes in bowl; toss to combine. Transfer to prepared baking dish.
Bake, uncovered, 45 to 55 minutes or until heated through and top is golden. Let stand 20 minutes. Garnish with fennel fronds, if desired.
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat: 13g||17%|
|Saturated Fat: 3g|
|Trans Fat: 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate: 35g||13%|
|Dietary Fiber: 2g||7%|