Add Ingredients to Cart
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup Hy-Vee whole milk
- 1 cup quick 5-minute grits
- ¾ cup Hy-Vee shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 2 ⅛ lb frozen peel and deveined raw shrimp (13 to 15 count), thawed
- 1 tbsp Gustare Vita olive oil
- ½ (12-oz.) fully cooked smoked andouille chicken sausage, bias-sliced ,¼-inch thick
- 1 package(s) (8-oz.) baby bella mushrooms, ¼-inch thick
- 1 cup Hy-Vee Short Cuts chopped white onions
- ½ cup Hy-Vee Short Cuts chopped red bell peppers
- 2 medium jalapeño peppers, seeded and chopped
- 2 clove(s) garlic, minced
- 1 bottle(s) (12-oz.) jalapeño pepper ale or spicy beer
- ½ cup Hy-Vee Smart Chicken organic mushroom-chicken bone broth
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp chopped fresh chives
Combine water and milk in a 3-quart saucepan; bring to boil. Slowly whisk in grits. Cover and reduce heat to medium-low. Cook for 5 to 7 minutes or until slightly thickened, whisking occasionally. Remove from heat; stir in Cheddar cheese and set aside.
Meanwhile, peel shrimp; remove tails. Pat dry with paper towels. Heat olive oil in a deep, 12-in. nonstick skillet. Add shrimp; cook over medium-high heat for 3 to 4 minutes or until shrimp reach 145°, turning often. Transfer shrimp to a plate and set aside.
Add sausage, mushrooms, onions, red peppers, jalapeño peppers, and garlic to same skillet. Cook over medium-high heat for 3 to 4 minutes or until softened, stirring occasionally.
Remove skillet from heat. Add beer, bone broth, lemon zest and juice, and smoked paprika. Return to heat; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium. Simmer, uncovered, for 6 to 8 minutes or until reduced by one-third. Stir in shrimp.
Ladle grits into individual bowls and top with shrimp mixture, garnish with chives. Season with additional salt and pepper to taste.
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat: 12g||15%|
|Saturated Fat: 4.5g|
|Trans Fat: 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate: 31g||11%|
|Dietary Fiber: 3g||11%|