Add Ingredients to Cart
- 2 tbsp Gustare Vita olive oil
- 2 tbsp Hy-Vee salted butter
- ½ medium yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove(s) garlic, minced
- ¼ tsp Hy-Vee crushed red pepper, plus additional for garnish
- ½ (26.45-oz.) bottle Gustare Vita tomato passata
- ¼ cup Row vodka
- 1 tbsp Hy-Vee tomato paste
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp coarse-ground black pepper
- 6 oz Gustare Vita organic penne rigate pasta
- ¼ cup Hy-Vee heavy whipping cream
- ½ (1-lbs.) Hy-Vee Fish Market frozen shell-on, deveined raw shrimp (26 to 30 ct.), thawed, peeled, and tails removed
- 2 tbsp Hy-Vee grated Parmesan cheese, plus additional for garnish
- Fresh basil, for garnish
Heat olive oil and butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; cook 3 to 4 minutes or until softened, stirring occasionally. Add ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper; cook 1 minute.
Remove skillet from heat. Stir in tomato passata and vodka. Return skillet to heat; cook 5 to 7 minutes or until reduced by one-fourth, stirring occasionally. Stir in tomato paste, salt and black pepper. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, uncovered, 15 minutes until reduced by about half, stirring occasionally.
Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and set aside.
Stir heavy cream into tomato mixture. Pat shrimp dry with paper towels, add shrimp to sauce. Cook 2 to 3 minutes or until shrimp reach 145°. Stir in 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese and cooked pasta. Cook 2 to 3 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally. Garnish with basil and additional Parmesan cheese and crushed red pepper, if desired.
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat: 40g||51%|
|Saturated Fat: 17g|
|Trans Fat: 1g|
|Total Carbohydrate: 71g||26%|
|Dietary Fiber: 10g||36%|