Add Ingredients to Cart
- 1 ½ cups Hy-Vee long grain white instant rice, dry
- 1 ½ cups water
- 2 tbsp unseasoned rice wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp Hy-Vee granulated sugar
- 1 (8-oz.) pkg. frozen shelled edamame
- 1 (12-oz.) pkg. Fish Market frozen cooked peeled and deveined shrimp, (51 to 60 ct.)
- 2 tbsp Hy-Vee less sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp fresh gingerroot, grated
- ¾ cup Hy-Vee Homegrown carrots, cut into matchsticks
- ¾ cup Hy-Vee Homegrown red cabbage, shredded
- 1 sheet(s) dried nori seaweed, cut into 1¾-x-1/40-inch strips
- 2 tsp sesame seeds, toasted
Combine rice, water, rice vinegar, and sugar in a microwave-safe bowl. Loosely cover with plastic wrap. Microwave on HIGH 5 minutes. Let stand, covered, 5 minutes. Fluff with fork; cool.
Microwave edamame according to package directions; let stand 1 minute. Open package; set aside ¾ cup and cool. Reserve remaining edamame for another use.
Pat shrimp dry with paper towels. Combine soy sauce and gingerroot in a medium bowl. Add shrimp; toss to coat. Transfer shrimp and liquid to 4 (1-pt. each) canning jars. Layer with reserved ¾ cup edamame, carrots, and red cabbage. Add rice mixture. Top with nori sushi strips and toasted sesame seeds. Place lids on jars. Refrigerate up to 2 days.
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat: 3.5g||4%|
|Saturated Fat: 0g|
|Trans Fat: 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate: 41g||15%|
|Dietary Fiber: 4g||14%|