Add Ingredients to Cart
- 4 tbsp seasoned rice vinegar, divided
- 1 tbsp Hy-Vee corn starch
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp coarsely ground Hy-Vee black pepper
- 1 lb Fish Market fresh tilapia fillets, cut into 2-in. pieces
- 1 tbsp plus ¼ cup Hy-Vee vegetable oil, divided
- 4 small celery stalks with leaves, cut into 1/2-in.-thick bias slices
- 1 cup (2-in. pieces) green onions, divided
- 2 tbsp peeled and thinly sliced gingerroot
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 3 cups Hy-Vee chicken stock
- 1 cup fresh bean sprouts
- 6 dried whole red chilies
- 1 tbsp whole pink peppercorns
- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh cilantro, plus additional for garnish
- 2 cups loosely packed baby spinach
- Heinz 57 Collection chili pepper culinary crunch sauce, for serving
Whisk together 2 Tbsp. rice vinegar, corn starch, salt and black pepper in a medium bowl. Add fish; turn to coat. Refrigerate for 20 minutes.
Heat 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil over medium heat in a large saucepan. Add celery stalks with leaves and ¼ cup green onions. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Add gingerroot and garlic; cook for 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Slowly add chicken stock, remaining 2 Tbsp. rice vinegar and bean sprouts. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium-low.
Transfer vegetables to a large heatproof serving bowl using a large slotted spoon. Increase heat to medium-high. Add fish, one piece at a time, to the boiling stock mixture. Boil for 2 to 3 minutes or until opaque (145°).
Meanwhile, heat remaining ¼ cup vegetable oil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add remaining ¾ cup green onions, dried chilies, pink peppercorns and ¼ cup cilantro. Heat to boiling.
Pour stock and fish over vegetables in serving bowl. Add fresh spinach; stir gently, careful not to break the fish. Pour hot chili oil over fish.
Garnish with additional fresh cilantro and chili pepper crunch sauce, if desired. Serve immediately. Discard dried chilies.
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat: 21g||27%|
|Saturated Fat: 3.5g|
|Trans Fat: 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate: 13g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber: 2g||7%|