Add Ingredients to Cart
- 1 (4½-to-5½-lbs.) boneless pork shoulder blade roast, cut into 3 pieces
- 1 tbsp kosher salt
- 2 tsp Hy-Vee black pepper, coarsely ground
- 1 tsp Hy-Vee garlic powder
- 1 large yellow onion, cut into wedges
- 1 cup Hy-Vee 33% less sodium chicken broth
Pat pork dry with paper towels. Season all sides with kosher salt, black pepper, and garlic powder. Place pork pieces in a 6-quart slow cooker. Top with onion wedges and chicken broth.
Cover and cook on HIGH for 4½-to-5-hours or LOW for 7½-to-8 hours until pork is fork tender. Transfer pork to a cutting board. Loosely cover with foil and let rest 5 to 10 minutes. Use 2 forks to shred pork into bite-size pieces. Serve with cooking liquid, if desired.