Add Ingredients to Cart
- 3 tbsp Chili-lime rub
- 1 tbsp Packed Hy-Vee dark brown sugar
- 2 tsp Lime zest
- 1 tsp Hy-Vee salt, divided
- 1 (2½ to 3 lb.) Fresh boneless top loin pork loin roast
- 2 tbsp Gustare Vita olive oil
- 3 (8-oz. each) Sweet potatoes, peeled and each cut into 8 wedges
- 3 Red Delicious apples, cored and each cut into 12 wedges
- 1 cup Hy-Vee no salt added chicken broth
- 1 cup Apple butter, divided
- 3 tbsp Hy-Vee honey
- 2 tbsp Fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp Fresh cilantro, plus additional for garnish, chopped
Stir together chili-lime rub, brown sugar, lime zest, and ½ teaspoon salt in a small bowl. Sprinkle and rub mixture over all sides of pork. Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
Heat oil in medium skillet over high heat. Add pork; cook for 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until lightly browned on all sides, turning frequently. Set pork aside.
Place sweet potatoes, apples, and broth in a 6-quart slow cooker. Place pork roast on top. Stir together ½ cup apple butter, honey, lime juice, 1 tablespoon cilantro, and remaining ½ teaspoon salt in small bowl; pour over pork. Cover and cook on high for 2 to 2½ hours or low for 4 to 5 hours or until pork reaches 145°.
For purée, transfer 3 cups of cooked apples and sweet potatoes to a food processor. Add remaining ½ cup apple butter. Cover and pulse until smooth. Garnish pork with additional cilantro, if desired.
To serve, slice pork; serve with purée and remaining cooked apples and sweet potatoes. If desired, drizzle with cooking liquid.
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat: 9g||12%|
|Saturated Fat: 2.5g|
|Trans Fat: 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate: 51g||19%|
|Dietary Fiber: 4g||14%|