Add Ingredients to Cart
- 2 cups Hy-Vee no salt added chicken broth, divided
- ½ cup Hy-Vee Short Cuts chopped white onions
- 2 ½ lb Hy-Vee True boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 2 package(s) (1.12-oz.) Hy-Vee ranch dressing mix, divided
- 4 slice(s) Hy-Vee sweet smoked thick-sliced bacon
- 1 ½ cups Hy-Vee long grain white instant rice
- 1 cup Hy-Vee shredded mild cheddar Cheese, plus additional for garnish
- 1 container(s) (8-oz.) Hy-Vee sour cream
- 2 oz Hy-Vee cream cheese
- Chopped green onions, for garnish
Combine 1 cup broth and onions in a 4-quart slow cooker. Add chicken in a single layer; sprinkle with 1 package ranch dressing mix. Cover and cook on high for 3 to 4 hours or low for 6 to 8 hours or until chicken reaches 165°.
Cook bacon according to package directions. Drain on paper towels. Chop and set aside ¼ of bacon.
Add remaining bacon, rice, 1 cup Cheddar cheese, sour cream, cream cheese, and remaining 1 cup chicken broth, and 1 package ranch dressing mix when chicken is done. Stir to combine. Cover and cook on high for 25 to 30 minutes or until rice is tender. Let stand, covered, for 10 minutes before serving.
To serve, transfer chicken to a cutting board. shred chicken into bite-size pieces using 2 forks. Return chicken to slow cooker; stir to combine. Top with reserved bacon. Garnish with additional Cheddar cheese and green onions, if desired.
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat: 27g||35%|
|Saturated Fat: 13g|
|Trans Fat: 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate: 30g||11%|
|Dietary Fiber: 1g||4%|