Add Ingredients to Cart
- 1 ¼ lb fresh Graziano Bros. Italian sausage
- ⅔ cup yellow onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 cups Hy-Vee 33%-less-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (28-oz.) can Full Circle Market organic crushed tomatoes with basil, undrained
- 1 (14.5-oz.) can Full Circle Market organic fire roasted diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 tbsp Hy-Vee tomato paste
- 1 tsp Hy-Vee Italian seasoning
- ¼ tsp coarse-ground black pepper
- ½ (12-oz.) pkg. Hy-Vee mini lasagna pasta
- ⅔ cup Hy-Vee whole milk ricotta cheese
- ⅔ cup Hy-Vee finely shredded mozzarella
- ¼ cup Soirée grated Parmesan cheese, plus additional for serving
- 3 tbsp Hy-Vee milk
- 1 ½ tbsp fresh basil, finely chopped, plus additional for garnish
- Hy-Vee crushed red pepper, for garnish
Cook sausage, onion and garlic in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat for 5 to 8 minutes or until sausage is cooked through (165°) and onion is softened, stirring occasionally to break it into large crumbles.
Transfer sausage mixture to a 6-qt. slow cooker. Stir in broth, undrained crushed tomatoes, undrained fire roasted diced tomatoes, tomato paste, Italian seasoning, and black pepper.
Cover and cook on HIGH for 2½ hours or LOW for 5 hours. Uncover and stir in uncooked pasta. Cover and cook on HIGH for 25 to 30 minutes or just until pasta is tender.
Stir together ricotta, mozzarella, and ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, milk, and 1½ tablespoon basil.
To serve, ladle soup into serving bowls; top with ricotta mixture. Garnish with additional basil and crushed red pepper, if desired. Serve with additional Parmesan and biscuits, if desired.
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat: 13g||17%|
|Saturated Fat: 6g|
|Trans Fat: 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate: 22g||8%|
|Dietary Fiber: 1g||4%|