Add Ingredients to Cart
- 1 (2.2-lbs.) pkg. Hy-Vee True Boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 (32-oz.) containers Hy-Vee no salt added chicken stock
- 1 ½ cups yellow onions, chopped
- 1 ½ cups celery, sliced
- 1 ½ cups carrots, sliced
- 1 tbsp bottled minced garlic
- 1 tsp Hy-Vee ground white pepper
- 1 ½ tsp Hy-Vee salt, divided
- 2 sprig(s) fresh thyme, plus additional for garnish
- 2 sprig(s) fresh sage
- 1 sprig(s) fresh rosemary
- 2 Hy-Vee dried bay leaves
- 2 Hy-Vee large eggs
- 2 Hy-Vee large egg yolks
- 2 tbsp Gustare Vita olive oil
- ¼ tsp Hy-Vee ground nutmeg
- 2 cups Hy-Vee all-purpose flour, divided
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
Place chicken, chicken stock, onions, celery, carrots, garlic, white pepper, ¾ teaspoon salt, 2 thyme sprigs, sage, rosemary, and bay leaves in a 6-quart slow cooker. Cover and cook on HIGH 3 to 3½ hours or until chicken reaches 165°.
For noodles, whisk together whole eggs, egg yolks, oil, remaining ¾ teaspoons salt, and nutmeg in a large bowl. Stir in 1 cup flour until smooth. Gradually stir in enough of the remaining 1 cup flour until dough just forms a ball and is still sticky.
Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead in enough remaining flour to make a smooth dough that is no longer sticky, about 8 to 10 minutes. Place dough in a small bowl; cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate 30 minutes.
Turn chilled dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Roll to 1-inch thickness. Cut dough into ½-inch-wide strips using a sharp knife or pizza cutter; cut strips into 3-inch-long noodles. Twist noodles, if desired. Transfer to a baking sheet; let stand to slightly dry with chicken is cooking.
Transfer chicken from slow cooker to cutting board; cover to keep warm and set aside. Remove and discard herb sprigs and bay leaves. Add noodles to the slow cooker; cover and cook on HIGH 25 to 30 minutes or until noodles are tender.
Shred chicken breasts using 2 forks. Return chicken to slow cooker. Cover and cook 4 to 5 minutes or until heated through. Stir in parsley and lemon juice. If desired, garnish with additional thyme sprigs.
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat: 7g||9%|
|Saturated Fat: 1.5g|
|Trans Fat: 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate: 24g||9%|
|Dietary Fiber: 2g||7%|