Add Ingredients to Cart
- 2 tbsp Hy-Vee salted butter, for garnish
- 12 fresh sage leaves, for garnish
- 2 medium Honeycrisp apples, cored and cut into ¼-in. slices
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-in. cubes (about 1¼ lb.)
- 1 large shallot, finely chopped
- 1 (32-oz.) container low sodium vegetable broth
- ¼ cup Full Circle Market organic raw unfiltered apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh sage, divided
- 1 tbsp Hy-Vee ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp Hy-Vee Select 100% pure maple syrup
- ½ tsp Hy-Vee salt, plus additional to taste
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- Hy-Vee heavy whipping cream, for garnish
- Coarsely ground Hy-Vee black pepper, for garnish
For garnish, if desired, melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add sage leaves; cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until leaves begin to crisp. Remove leaves from skillet; reserve butter in skillet. Drain sage leaves on paper towels; set aside.
For soup, add apples, sweet potatoes and shallot to the same skillet. Cook over medium-high heat for 2 to 3 minutes or until apples are softened. Transfer to a 5- to 6-qt. slow cooker. Stir in vegetable stock, vinegar, 1 Tbsp. chopped sage, cinnamon, maple syrup, ½ tsp. salt and turmeric. Cover and cook on HIGH for 3 to 3½ hours or until apples and sweet potatoes are very tender, stirring occasionally.
Blend soup mixture using an immersion blender until completely smooth. Stir in remaining 1 Tbsp. chopped sage. Cover and cook on LOW for 30 minutes.
To serve, ladle soup into serving bowls. Garnish with cream, black pepper and fried sage leaves, if desired. Season to taste with additional salt.
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat: 3g||4%|
|Saturated Fat: 2g|
|Trans Fat: 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate: 25g||9%|
|Dietary Fiber: 4g||14%|