Add Ingredients to Cart
- ½ cup Hy-Vee unsalted butter, softened
- ¼ cup fresh sage, lightly packed and chopped
- ¼ cup fresh thyme leaves, lightly packed
- 1 tbsp plus ½ tsp. coarse-ground Hy-Vee Mediterranean sea salt, divided
- 1 tbsp plus 1 tsp. cracked black pepper, divided
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (5-lbs.) Hy-Vee Choice Reserve boneless beef ribeye roast
- 1 ½ cups Hy-Vee sour cream
- ¼ cup refrigerated prepared horseradish
- 4 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp fresh chives, chopped
- 2 bulbs garlic, halved crosswise; for garnish
- red pearl onions, halved lengthwise; for garnish
- fresh rosemary sprigs, for garnish
Combine butter, sage, thyme, 1 tablespoon sea salt, 1 tablespoon black pepper, and minced garlic; rub over roast. Place roast, fat side up, on rack in a shallow roasting pan. Refrigerate, uncovered, for 1 to 6 hours.
Remove roast from refrigerator 1 hour before roasting. For sauce, combine sour cream, horseradish, lemon juice, chives, remaining ½ teaspoon salt, and remaining 1 teaspoon pepper. Cover; refrigerate.
Preheat oven to 475°. Roast beef, uncovered, 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350°. Roast for 40 minutes. Add garlic bulb halves and pearl onions around roast. Roast 20 to 50 minutes more or until beef reaches 125° for rare, 135° for medium-rare or 145° for medium doneness.
Transfer roast to cutting board. Cover with foil; let stand 15 minutes. Sliced meat; transfer to serving platter. Garnish as desired with roast garlic, pearl onions, and fresh herbs. Serve with sauce.