Add Ingredients to Cart
- 4 medium deep red grapefruit
- 3 tbsp Hy-Vee granulated sugar
- ½ cup Hy-Vee smoked whole almonds, chopped
- 1 tbsp lime zest, plus additional for garnish
- 2 tsp ground Aleppo pepper
- ¼ tsp coarsely ground Hy-Vee sea salt
- 2 cups Hy-Vee vanilla Greek yogurt
Place oven rack 6 in. from heat; preheat broiler to HIGH. Line a rimmed baking pan with foil; set aside.
Cut off a ½-in. slice from top and bottom of each grapefruit. Using a sharp knife, remove the entire peel and outer white membranes from each grapefruit by cutting from top to bottom. Cut each grapefruit crosswise in half; remove seeds with point of paring knife.
Place grapefruit halves, cut sides up, in prepared baking pan. Sprinkle with sugar. Broil for 8 to 10 minutes or until sugar is caramelized and dark brown. Cool slightly. Reserve grapefruit juices in pan for serving.
Meanwhile, combine almonds, lime zest, Aleppo pepper and salt in a small bowl; set aside.
To serve, divide yogurt among 4 serving plates. Arrange 2 grapefruit halves on each plate. Sprinkle with almond mixture. Drizzle with grapefruit juices, if desired.
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat: 9g||12%|
|Saturated Fat: 1g|
|Trans Fat: 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate: 48g||17%|
|Dietary Fiber: 5g||18%|