Add Ingredients to Cart
- 4 tbsp Hy-Vee cold unsalted butter, divided
- 2 jalapeño peppers, seeded, finely chopped, and divided
- 1 cup Miller Lite beer
- ⅓ cup Hy-Vee heavy whipping cream
- 5 tsp Hy-Vee corn starch
- ½ tsp Hy-Vee salt
- ¼ tsp Hy-Vee black pepper
- 4 oz Henning's Wisconsin Cheese pepper Jack cheese, shredded (about 1 cup)
- 1 ½ lb Hy-Vee 85% lean ground beef
- 1 ½ tsp salt-free steak grilling seasoning
- 1 tsp Hy-Vee less sodium Worcestershire sauce
- 4 oz Henning's Wisconsin Cheese extra-sharp Cheddar cheese, thinly sliced
- 4 pretzel hamburger buns, split and toasted
- Lettuce leaves, for serving
- Tomato slices, for serving
- 4 slice(s) Hy-Vee sweet smoked bacon, halved crosswise and crisp-cooked
Melt 2 tablespoons butter in small skillet. Stir in 2 tablespoons chopped jalapeños. Cook over medium heat for 2 minutes or until softened, stirring frequently.
For sauce, whisk together beer, cream, corn starch, salt, and black pepper in medium saucepan. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Cook and whisk 1 minute. Remove from heat; whisk in pepper Jack cheese until melted. Set aside; keep warm.
For burgers, combine ground beef, steak seasoning, Worcestershire sauce, and remaining chopped jalapeños in bowl. Do not overmix. Form into 4 meatballs. Use thumb to press an indentation into the center of each. Place remaining ½ tablespoon cold butter into each indentation; form beef around butter to seal. Flatten each meatball to ¾-inch-thick patty.
Grill patties on greased rack over medium direct heat (350°) for 18 minutes, turning halfway through. Top with Cheddar cheese; grill 2 to 3 minutes more or until burgers reach 165° and cheese is melted. Transfer to platter. Let rest, covered, for 3 minutes.
To serve, spread buns with jalapeño-butter mixture. Top bun bottoms with lettuce, tomatoes, burgers, cheese sauce, bacon and bun tops.
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat: 66g||85%|
|Saturated Fat: 32g|
|Trans Fat: 2g|
|Total Carbohydrate: 225g||82%|
|Dietary Fiber: 2g||7%|