Add Ingredients to Cart
- 2 tbsp chili oil, divided
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- ½ tbsp Hy-Vee crushed red pepper
- 2 tsp bottled chopped garlic
- 1 (17.6-oz.) jar Gustare Vita tomato basil pasta sauce
- ½ cup fresh basil, chopped, plus additional leaves for garnish
- ½ (16-oz.) pkg. Gustare Vita whole wheat spaghetti
- 1 tbsp Hy-Vee white distilled vinegar
- 4 Hy-Vee large eggs
- Soiree shaved Parmesan cheese, for serving
Heat 1 tablespoon chili oil in large saucepan over medium heat. Add cherry tomatoes, crushed red pepper, and garlic. Cook and stir for 30 seconds or until fragrant. Add pasta sauce and ½ cup basil. Reduce heat to medium-low heat. Simmer, uncovered, 15 minutes. Remove from heat.
Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Drain; toss with remaining 1 tablespoon chili oil and set aside.
Fill medium saucepan with water. Add vinegar; bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer. Use large spoon to stir water. While water is moving, carefully crack eggs into water. Gently simmer, uncovered, 3 to 4 minutes or until yolks just begin to thicken. Using a slotted spoon, remove eggs from water and place on paper towel-lined plate.
To serve, heat sauce over medium-low heat and add cooked pasta; toss to coat. Transfer to 4 serving plates; top each with poached egg. Garnish with additional basil and shaved Parmesan, if desired.
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat: 13g||17%|
|Saturated Fat: 2.5g|
|Trans Fat: 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate: 44g||16%|
|Dietary Fiber: 7g||25%|