Add Ingredients to Cart
- 1 lb asparagus spears, trimmed
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup Hy-Vee white distilled vinegar
- 1 tbsp Hy-Vee granulated sugar
- 2 tsp pickling salt
- 1 tbsp whole pink peppercorns
- 4 fresh bay leaves
- 6 small dried whole red chilies
Fill a quart jar with asparagus spears; set aside.
Combine water, vinegar, sugar, and salt in a small saucepan. Add pink peppercorns, fresh bay leaves, and dried red chilies. Bring mixture to a boil, stirring to dissolve salt and sugar.
Pour hot brine over asparagus. Cool to room temperature. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving. Store in refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.