Add Ingredients to Cart
- 2 lb Hy-Vee True boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cut into 2-in. cubes
- 1 turnip, peeled and cut into 2-in. cubes
- 1 tbsp Gustare Vita olive oil
- 1 small white onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp bottled minced garlic
- ¼ cup Thai red curry paste
- 2 tbsp Hy-Vee creamy peanut butter
- 1 tbsp Hy-Vee light brown sugar, packed
- 1 tbsp refrigerated ginger paste
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 2 cups Hy-Vee chicken cooking stock
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 4 cups baby spinach, lightly packed
- 1 cup canned unsweetened coconut cream
- fresh basil, for garnish
- radishes, for garnish
- Hy-Vee lightly salted peanuts, crushed; for garnish
Place chicken, sweet potato, and turnip in 6-quart slow cooker; set aside.
Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until softened, stirring occasionally. Stir in curry paste, peanut butter, brown sugar, ginger paste, turmeric, and salt. Whisk in chicken stock and fish sauce until combined. Pour mixture over chicken and vegetables in slow cooker. Gently stir to coat.
Cover and cook on HIGH for 4 to 5 hours or LOW for 7 to 8 hours or until chicken is very tender and cooked through (165°).
Stir in spinach and coconut cream. Cover and cook for 5 minutes. Garnish with basil, radish slices and peanuts, if desired.
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat: 19g||24%|
|Saturated Fat: 10g|
|Trans Fat: 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate: 45g||16%|
|Dietary Fiber: 3g||11%|