Add Ingredients to Cart
- 2 (8-oz.) Hy-Vee Choice Reserve beef tenderloin filet mignon steaks, 1 to 1¼ inch thick
- 1 tsp kosher salt, divided
- ½ tsp Hy-Vee black pepper, coarsely ground
- 1 ½ cups Hy-Vee all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ tsp Hy-Vee baking powder
- ½ cup plus 2 tbsp. warm water
- Hy-Vee vegetable oil, for frying
- ¼ cup Hy-Vee unsalted butter
- 6 clove(s) garlic, thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp Hy-Vee heavy whipping cream
- ¼ cup fresh oregano, chopped
- ¼ cup Italian parsley, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh basil, chopped, plus additional for garnish
- Hy-Vee fresh pico de gallo, for garnish
Pat steaks dry with paper towels. Season steaks with ½ teaspoon salt and pepper. Let stand at room temperature 20 to 30 minutes.
Whisk together flour, baking powder, and remaining ½ teaspoon salt in medium bowl. Add warm water; stir with a wooden spoon until combined. Cover with a clean kitchen towel; let stand at room temperature 10 minutes.
Divide dough into 8 pieces; form each into a ball. On a lightly floured surface, roll each ball into a ¼-inch-thick round.
Heat 1-inch oil in large cast-iron skillet over medium-low heat. Fry dough rounds in 2 batches 4 to 5 minutes or until golden and crisp, turning halfway through. Drain on paper towels; set aside. Carefully remove and discard oil in skillet.
Heat same skillet over medium-high heat. Add steaks to skillet; cook 10 to 12 minutes or until steaks reach 130° for medium-rare doneness, turning halfway through. Transfer to a cutting board. Loosely cover with foil; let rest for 10 minutes. Thinly slice steaks across the grain.
For sauce, wipe skillet clean with paper towels and add butter, garlic, and heavy cream. Heat over low heat until butter is melted, whisking occasionally. Stir in oregano, parsley, and ¼ cup basil.
To serve, top fry bread with steak. Garnish with pico de gallo and additional basil, if desired. Drizzle with garlic sauce.