Add Ingredients to Cart
- 4 medium poblano peppers
- 4 medium Anaheim peppers
- 1 tbsp Gustare Vita olive oil
- 2 lb fresh turkey breast chops
- 1 lb butternut squash, peeled and chopped
- 1 (15-oz.) can Hy-Vee cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- ¾ cup white onions, chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh sage, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh oregano, chopped
- 2 tsp Hy-Vee salt
- 1 tsp Hy-Vee black pepper
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 (32-oz.) containers chicken stock
- 1 (15.5-oz.) can Hy-Vee golden hominy, drained
- 1 jalapeño pepper, sliced; for garnish
- 1 shallot, sliced; for garnish
- Italian parsley sprigs, for garnish
- lime wedges, for serving
Preheat broiler to HIGH. Place poblano and Anaheim peppers in a rimmed baking pan. Drizzle with olive oil. Broil 6 inches from heat for 8 to 10 minutes or until charred, turning occasionally. Transfer peppers to large glass bowl; cover with plastic wrap. Let stand for 20 minutes or until cooled.
Peel and seed peppers. Place peppers in food processor. Cover and pulse until chopped. Transfer chopped peppers to 8-quart slow cooker. Add turkey, butternut squash, cannellini beans, onions, sage, oregano, salt, black pepper, and garlic. Add chicken stock. Cover and cook on LOW heat for 5½ hours. Add hominy; cover and cook for 30 minutes more or until tender.
Transfer turkey to cutting board. Shred turkey using 2 forks; return to mixture in slow cooker.
To serve, ladle chili into bowls. Garnish with jalapeño, shallot, and parsley; serve with lime wedges, if desired.
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat: 1g||1%|
|Saturated Fat: 0g|
|Trans Fat: 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate: 3g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber: 1g||3%|