Add Ingredients to Cart
- 4 (10-oz. each) Hy-Vee Midwest Pork bone-in porterhouse loin chops, about 1-inch-thick
- 2 tbsp fresh thyme, finely chopped
- ¼ cup pink peppercorns, crushed
- 1 tsp kosher salt, plus additional to taste
- 8 clove(s) garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 large yellow onions, thinly sliced
- 1 (12-oz.) bottle American pale ale beer
- 1 cup Hy-Vee no salt added beef broth
- 1 tbsp Hy-Vee less sodium Worcestershire sauce
Pat pork chops dry with paper towels. Stir together 2 tablespoons thyme, peppercorns, 1 teaspoon salt, and garlic in small bowl. Rub mixture on both sides of chops. Let pork chops stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
Preheat a charcoal or gas grill with greased grill rack for direct cooking over medium-high heat (375°).
Place onions in 12-inch cast iron skillet; top with butter. Arrange pork chops on top. Place skillet on grill rack. Grill 20 to 25 minutes or until pork chops reach 130°, turning halfway through. Remove pork chops from the skillet and place directly on grill rack. Grill 2 minutes or until lightly charred and pork reaches 145°, turning halfway through. Remove pork chops from grill; loosely cover with foil and set aside.
Add ale, beef broth, and Worcestershire sauce to onion mixture in skillet. Place skillet on grill rack; grill 30 to 35 minutes or until onions are golden brown, stirring frequently.
Place pork chops back into skillet with onion mixture. Grill 5 to 10 minutes or until pork chops are heated through. Garnish with thyme sprigs, if desired.
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat: 9g||12%|
|Saturated Fat: 5g|
|Trans Fat: 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate: 3g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber: 1g||2%|