Add Ingredients to Cart
- 1 (1-lb.) pkg. ground hot Italian sausage
- 12 Hy-Vee large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 (8.5-oz.) pkg. Hy-Vee original kettle-cooked potato chips
- 1 (8-oz.) pkg. shredded sharp white Cheddar cheese
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes, halved; for serving
- ½ cup avocado, seeded, peeled, and chopped; for serving
- Hy-Vee sour cream, for serving
- salsa verde, for serving
- green onions, sliced; for garnish
Preheat a charcoal or gas grill for direct cooking over medium-high heat (375 degrees). Place 12-inch cast-iron griddle on grill rack. Add sausage; cook 5 to 7 minutes or until browned, stirring occasionally. Drain and discard drippings.
Pour beaten eggs into skillet with sausage. As eggs begin to set, gently pull spatula across the skillet to form large, soft curds. Continue cooking, pulling, and lifting eggs until egg mixture is cooked through but still glossy. Transfer egg-sausage mixture to a bowl.
Arrange potato chips in bottom of skillet. Top with egg-sausage, Cheddar cheese, and cherry tomatoes. Return to grill; cover grill. Grill 3 to 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Remove from grill. Top with avocado, tomatoes, sour cream, and salsa verde. Garnish with green onions, if desired.
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat: 39g||50%|
|Saturated Fat: 14g|
|Trans Fat: 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate: 23g||8%|
|Dietary Fiber: 1g||4%|