Add Ingredients to Cart
- 8 Hy-Vee large eggs
- ⅔ cup celery, thinly sliced
- ½ cup Hy-Vee mayonnaise
- 2 tsp shallot, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh tarragon, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Gustare Vita white wine vinegar
- ½ tbsp Hy-Vee Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp Hy-Vee ground black pepper
- 8 slice(s) Hy-Vee Bakery sourdough bread, toasted
- Desired fixings, such as: butterhead lettuce leaves, and/or sliced radishes
Place eggs in single layer in large saucepan. Add enough water to cover at least 1-inch above eggs. Cover saucepan and bring to a boil. Remove saucepan from heat. Let eggs stand, covered, in hot water 15 minutes. Drain; immediately run cold water over edges or place in ice water to completely cool.
Peel and chop eggs. Combine chopped eggs, celery, mayonnaise, shallot, tarragon, vinegar, Dijon mustard, lemon zest, salt, and pepper in medium bowl. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.
To assemble sandwiches, top 4 slices toasted bread with desired fixings. Add egg salad and top with additional desired fixings and remaining toasted bread slices. Serve sandwiches immediately or cover and refrigerate up to 2 hours.
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat: 34g||44%|
|Saturated Fat: 7g|
|Trans Fat: 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate: 35g||13%|
|Dietary Fiber: 2g||7%|