Add Ingredients to Cart
- 1 ½ cups Hy-Vee all-purpose flour
- 1 ¼ tsp Hy-Vee baking soda
- 1 tsp Hy-Vee baking powder
- ½ tsp Hy-Vee salt
- ½ tsp pumpkin pie spice
- ½ cup vegan granulated sugar
- ½ cup vegan light brown sugar, packed
- ⅓ cup Hy-Vee unsweetened applesauce
- ⅓ cup Hy-Vee vegetable oil
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup fresh carrots, coarsely chopped
- ¾ cup Hy-Vee chopped walnuts, plus additional for garnish
- 1 (8-oz.) container Tofutti Better Than Cream Cheese
- 2 tbsp Miyoko’s Creamery European-style vegan butter
- 2 tsp Hy-Vee vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups vegan powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp Hy-Vee corn starch
Preheat oven to 350°. For cake, line the bottom of a 9×5-inch loaf pan with parchment paper. Spray sides with nonstick spray; set aside. Whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and pumpkin pie spice in a medium bowl; set aside.
Whisk together granulated sugar, brown sugar, applesauce, vegetable oil, water, and lemon juice in another medium bowl. Stir in shredded carrots. Add carrot mixture all at once to flour mixture; stir just until combined. Fold in ¾ cup walnuts.
Spread batter evenly in prepared loaf pan. Bake 50 to 55 minutes or until toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool in loaf pan 10 minutes. Remove from loaf pan; cool completely on wire rack.
For frosting, beat cream cheese, vegan butter, and vanilla in a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer on high until well combined. Beat in powdered sugar and corn starch. Continue beating 1 minute more or until light and creamy.
Place loaf on a serving platter; spread frosting on top. Sprinkle with additional chopped walnuts, if desired. Store covered in refrigerator up to 3 days.
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat: 20g||26%|
|Saturated Fat: 4.5g|
|Trans Fat: 1g|
|Total Carbohydrate: 58g||21%|
|Dietary Fiber: 2g||7%|