Add Ingredients to Cart
- 4 cups coarsely chopped fresh jackfruit pods
- 2 tbsp Gustare Vita olive oil, divided
- ⅛ tsp Hy-Vee salt
- 1 ½ cups Hy-Vee Short Cuts chopped white onions
- 1 cup coarsely chopped celery
- 1 cup Hy-Vee Short Cuts chopped tricolor bell peppers
- 1 tbsp bottled minced garlic
- 1 (28-oz.) can Hy-Vee crushed tomatoes, undrained
- 3 tbsp salt-free Creole seasoning
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh oregano
- 2 (32-oz.) containers unsalted vegetable stock
- 3 cups Hy-Vee long grain white instant rice
- 1 (12-oz.) pkg. Hy-Vee frozen cut okra
- 1 tbsp Hy-Vee reconstituted 100% lemon juice
- 1 tsp hot sauce, plus additional for garnish
- Fresh parsley, for garnish
Drizzle chopped jackfruit with 1 Tbsp. olive oil in a medium bowl. Sprinkle with salt; toss to coat all sides of jackfruit. Set jackfruit aside.
Heat remaining 1 Tbsp. olive oil in a 4- to 6-qt. Dutch oven on medium-high heat. Add onions, celery and bell peppers; cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until onions are softened. Add garlic; cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until fragrant. Stir in undrained tomatoes, Creole seasoning and oregano. Cook over medium heat for 6 to 8 minutes or until mixture comes to a boil.
Add broth, jackfruit, rice and frozen okra; return to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cover and simmer for 20 to 30 minutes or until mixture begins to thicken, stirring occasionally.
Stir in lemon juice and 1 tsp. hot sauce. Garnish with additional hot sauce and parsley, if desired. Serve immediately.
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat: 5g||6%|
|Saturated Fat: .5g|
|Trans Fat: 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate: 71g||26%|
|Dietary Fiber: 6g||21%|