Add Ingredients to Cart
- 10 oz Field Roast vegan chao block non-dairy cheese, shredded; plus additional for garnish
- 4 tbsp Hy-Vee all-purpose flour, divided
- 2 tbsp Earth Balance vegan buttery sticks
- ¾ cup shallots. finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 ½ tsp Hy-Vee salt
- ½ tsp Hy-Vee dried thyme
- ¼ tsp Hy-Vee ground black pepper
- 4 cups Ripple dairy-free original half and half alternative
- 1 (5-lbs.) bag Hy-Vee One Step russet potatoes, peeled and sliced ⅛-inch thick
- green onions, sliced; for garnish
Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a 3-quart rectangular baking dish with nonstick spray. Toss together 10-oz. non-dairy cheese and 2 tablespoons flour in a medium bowl. Set aside.
Melt buttery sticks in a heavy 5-to-6-quart pot over medium heat. Add shallots, garlic, salt, thyme, and pepper. Cook and stir 1 to 2 minutes or until shallots are softened. Stir in remaining 2 tablespoons flour until combined. Stir in half and half alternative, then add potatoes. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat; reduce heat. Simmer for 2 to 3 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally.
Spoon one-third of the potato mixture into prepared baking dish. Top with half the non-dairy cheese mixture. repeat layers. Top with remaining potato mixture. Cover tightly with foil.
Bake 1 hour. Remove foil. Sprinkle with additional cheese, if desired. Bake, uncovered, for 25 to 30 minutes or until center is bubbly. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Garnish with green onions, if desired.
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat: 10g||13%|
|Saturated Fat: 3.5g|
|Trans Fat: 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate: 23g||8%|
|Dietary Fiber: 0g||0%|