Add Ingredients to Cart
- 2 large Hy-Vee One Step russet potatoes , (about 1½ lb.), peeled
- 1 (8-oz.) large sweet potato, peeled
- ½ cup leeks, chopped, white and green parts only
- 1 large shallot, chopped
- 3 Hy-Vee large eggs, slightly beaten
- ½ cup Soirée shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp Hy-Vee corn starch
- 2 clove(s) garlic, minced
- 1 tsp Hy-Vee salt
- ¼ tsp Hy-Vee ground nutmeg
- ¼ tsp Hy-Vee black pepper
- ½ tsp Hy-Vee vegetable oil
- 6 tsp Soirée mascarpone cheese, softened
- 18 slice(s) English cucumber
- Lemon zest
- Coarse-ground black pepper
Shred russet and sweet potatoes using the large holes on a box grater. Spread potatoes on a large sheet of paper towels or a clean kitchen towel. Add leek and shallot. Squeeze to remove liquid; set potato mixture aside.
Whisk together eggs, Parmesan cheese, corn starch, garlic, salt, nutmeg, and black pepper in a large bowl. Add potato mixture; stir until well combined.
Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet to 325°. Form mixture into 6 (3-inches) patties, using about ⅔ up for each patty. Carefully, place 3 patties into the hot oil. Fry patties 6 to 8 minutes or until golden and crisp, turning halfway through. Transfer patties to paper towels to drain. Fry remaining 3 patties.
To serve, top each haystack with 1 teaspoon mascarpone, 3 slices English cucumber, lemon zest, and black pepper.
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat: 21g||27%|
|Saturated Fat: 4g|
|Trans Fat: 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate: 31g||11%|
|Dietary Fiber: 2g||7%|