Add Ingredients to Cart
- 3 large red beets
- 2 tbsp Gustare Vita extra virgin olive oil, divided
- ½ tsp kosher salt, divided
- ½ tsp black pepper, coarse-ground, divided; plus additional for garnish
- 2 Cara Cara oranges
- 2 mandarin oranges
- 1 lime
- ½ cup fresh Cara Cara orange juice
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 tbsp Gustare Vita red wine vinegar
- 1 cup Hy-Vee plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp fermented honey sauce with organic garlic, or Hy-Vee honey
- 1 small head fennel, trimmed and thinly sliced; fronds reserved for garnish
- 1 cup red pearl onions, peeled and halved
- 2 cups baby kale, lightly packed
Preheat oven to 425°. Leave 1-inch of roots and stems on beets. Scrub well. Place beets on a large piece of heavy foil. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil; sprinkle with ¼ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Wrap tightly; place in a large rimmed baking pan.
Roast beets for 45 to 60 minutes or until tender. Cool slightly; rub off skins with paper towels. Remove and discard roots and stems. Cut beets into thin slices, then cut slices in half; set aside.
Peel Cara Cara, mandarin oranges, and lime. Slice oranges; cut segments from lime. Cover and refrigerate citrus fruit. For dressing, combine Cara Cara orange juice and lime juice. Whisk in remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil, vinegar, remaining ¼ teaspoon salt, and remaining ¼ teaspoon pepper.
To serve, combine yogurt and fermented honey in a small bowl. Spread mixture onto 4 serving plates. Top with beets, orange slices, lime segments, fennel, pearl onions, and kale. Spoon dressing over each salad. Garnish with fennel fronds and course ground pepper, if desired.
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat: 7g||9%|
|Saturated Fat: 1g|
|Trans Fat: 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate: 47g||17%|
|Dietary Fiber: 8g||29%|