Add Ingredients to Cart
- 10 Hy-Vee large eggs
- ½ tsp Hy-Vee salt
- ⅛ tsp Hy-Vee ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp Hy-Vee vegetable oil
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 medium zucchini, thinly sliced, divided
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon zest
- ¼ tsp Hy-Vee crushed red pepper, plus additional for serving
- 1 dash Hy-Vee dried thyme leaves
- 1 cup Soiree fresh mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Fresh thyme, for garnish
Preheat oven to 375°. Whisk together eggs, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl; set aside.
Heat vegetable oil in a 12-inch cast iron skillet over medium heat. Add red onion and 1 thinly sliced zucchini. Cook 8 to 10 minutes or until onion begins to caramelize. Stir in lemon zest, ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper, and dried thyme.
Carefully pour egg mixture over vegetable mixture in the skillet. Reduce heat to medium-low. Arrange additional sliced zucchini in a circular fashion on top; sprinkle with shredded fresh mozzarella. Cook, uncovered 4 to 6 minutes or until bottom and edge of egg mixture begin to set.
Transfer skillet to oven; bake 15 to 18 minutes or until center is set and edge is golden. Let stand for 5 minutes. Garnish with fresh thyme leaves and additional crushed red pepper, if desired. Cut into 8 wedges to serve.